Monday, August 6, 2007

Murder City Devils Reunion in Texas

I don't know how many people have heard that the Murder City Devils will be playing another show in Austin at the Fun Fun Fest in November. I have mixed feelings about it. The Murder City Devils are one of my favorite bands of all time and I would love to be able to see them since I never got the chance when they were together, but I just question how they'll be. I heard great reviews of their Seattle gigs last year (all in one weekend, that was supposed to be a one-off deal). I've had so many great bands ruined in my eyes by getting together in half-assed fashions to cash in on the old days (Naked Raygun comes to mind), and I don't want them to be just another one. I know there's a huge difference between reuniting five years after breaking up and doing it 20 years after breaking up, maybe I'm just jaded. Either way, if they come through Chicago I'll be there with my hopes as high as possible. Maybe they'll even be coaxed into putting out a new record?

Here are a couple of videos from the reunion last year. The sound quality is shit, but from the other videos I've seen, this seems to be classic Murder City Devils. Spencer Moody is characteristically drunk.

Bear Away


I Drank the Wine

No comments: