Monday, August 20, 2007

HeWhoCorrupts-”The Discographer” 2x12” (Forge Again, FudgeSickKill, Calls and Correspondence, Plastic Airlines, Level Plane, Scenester Credentials...)

I’m not usually into power violence/grind LPs. I like the style a lot, but there really aren’t too many bands doing it that can keep my attention for more than about 12 minutes. But these guys….well, they’re simply the best at what they do. I don’t care who wants to argue, it’s the truth. I can listen to both LPs back to back and then go right back to the first side again. They’re so ------- fast, but the songs are all unique and have their own qualities about them. Whether it’s the crazy lyrics, totally off-the-wall riffs, or the sheer intensity and speed of what they’re doing, they just keep pummeling you for the entire thing. This record is a collection of unreleased live material, rare EPs, and some comp. tracks. The only thing you need to know about this is that it’s one of the few records you’ll hear a ton about and will totally live up to all the hype.

Ten (count 'em, TEN, there wasn't even enough room on my subject line!) labels got together to release this monstrosity on vinyl. I believe Six Weeks put out the CD versions, but I could be wrong. There were 600 pressed, 500 on half/half vinyl and 100 on splatter wax that is long gone and you probably won't find very cheap.

No comments: