Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Uprise to release discography CD

I am so fucking stoked about this. The Uprise, who are probably my favorite 80s US Oi band, are going to release a CD of their entire catalog. This is something I've wanted for quite a while, and I actually tossed around the ides of trying to track down the band members and getting it out myself.

The record is coming out on a label I've never heard of called Satan Wears Suspenders.

If you don't know anything about the Uprise, go check 'em out on MySpace. They were both the US of Oi! and Oi: American Style comps, put out a 7" in '88, and probably some demo stuff. But hell, they're so goooood. They were rough, but they could play, and they had melody, which was almost nonexistent in the late 80s hardcore and Oi scene. It's all the best parts of Warzone with a little bit of an old British feel and absolutely no pretention. Those of you that knew me/saw my bands in Birmingham probably remember Slag covering "Around the World" a lot.
Fucking get hyped.

No comments: