Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bones Brigade-Self Titled 7" Download

This is a re-post from a couple of months ago. When I made the Cut the Shit post the other day, I wanted to link to this, and it was missing. I went into the admin area of my posts and found that it had somehow been moved to the "drafts" section. I re-ripped the files and uploaded them again (the first time I did it, I didn't split up the tracks).




This is the first Bones Brigade record with the original singer, who went on to be in Cut the Shit, who are at least as good as Bones Brigade, it's hard to call. Hearing this for the first time was like having my face ripped off. It's such insanely fast Suicidal Tendencies style hardcore. The guitar work is insane. This accomplishment of this 7" is totally dwarfed by the LP they put out called I Hate Myself When I'm Not Skateboarding (which will probably be posted at a later date, pending in-print-ness), but this still a great document of a great band. The art is credited to Pushead, which I guess was a pretty obvious choice.

I wasn't so much into the stuff they did with the second singer. I happened to play with them twice with him up front, he was great live, but it seemed like the band pushed further and further into metal before they broke up and I just lost interest in their records. I know of an LP called Focused, and a 10" called Endless Bummer they did with him. I think the original singer was on this 7", another 7" that was one-sided that had a Motorhead cover, the LP, and MAYBE one other recording. I seem to remember them having a super limited LP when they played Birmingham once that sold out at that show, but I don't know if it was exclusive or a limited run of the first LP.

Tracklist:
Side A
1. Never Meant Much
2. Sleepwalking Thru the 80's
3. Board Youth!
Side B
4. Rat Pack
5. Push Button Warfare
6. Clench My Fist

Download Bones Bridge 7"

No comments: