Friday, February 22, 2008

Bloody Sods/This is the Life

I upped these really quickly the other night for a message board and thought I might as well cross-post them here, sans the usual long, boring text with them. I've had a shitty fucking week and don't really feel like doing much else.

V/A-This is the Life Volume Six

25 track comp. of Japanese thrash and hardcore. The legendary MCR Company put this out (MCR are the longest running DIY punk label in the world). If people get into this and I get the time/patience in the next couple of weeks, I'll rip my copy of Six Weeks Omnibus Volume 2, which is another amazing Japanese hardcore comp that I don't think was ever put out on CD.

Download it

The Bloody Sods-Get Outta My Head

One of the fastest, most intense Southeastern hardcore bands ever. Think Minor Threat influenced by thrash metal with split vocals by a bunch of rednecks. I saw these guys a few times, and made a show with like 10 kids feel packed and they could start a mosh pit in a church. Sadly, one of their singers died in a motorcycle crash a few years ago (I want to say three or four, it wasn't too long before I moved to Chicago). The best song is "Blackout", which has guest vocals of Frank of the infamous TERMINUS CITY, and there's an SOD cover on this record.

This was never released in the US, and was put out by Madskull Records in Europe.

Download it

If you are a tattoo artist and you're more about politics, drama, playing games, and "making connections" than you are about putting out good work and being a decent dude, you need to have your hands broken. If you're a misogynist and don't want to apprentice and/or hire a girl because you don't want her invading the "boys club", then you should just skip getting your hands broken and go ahead and hang yourself from a ceiling fan.

1 comment:

Lo-Res Viscera said...

Douchebags like you just described in the tattoo world are why I quit tattooing. I don't miss the ego trips and BULLSHIT drama involved. Good luck.