Thursday, November 13, 2008

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

I don't really have a cubicle, because it's not a cube. I share it with two other people, so it's too long to be a cube. It's like a rectacle. Anyway, it's annoying as fuck, because the girl on my left is always listening to awful music or watching soap operas on her computer. Of course I don't say anything because honestly, it's not even worth it, but it seriously annoys the hell out of me. The other day I came in and for some reason she actually showed up to work on time for a change and was booting up her computer and listening to Aaron Neville. Seriously, Aaron Fucking Neville (I believe "Fucking" actually is his middle name). I didn't know people still knew who Aaron Neville was, let alone listened to him of their own volition.

I once worked with a woman who listened to nothing but Shania Twain, and I kind of feel the same way about her and this girl who sits next to me now. I wasn't aware that Shania Twain actually sold records, I kind of just assumed she was one of those people that just had videos on MTV and made money from endorsements or something, like a Nascar driver. I'd never met anyone who actually admitted to liking her music. Maybe I'm crazy. Or maybe I have avoided the outside world for so long I haven't met all these crazies who think this shit is good. I consider myself lucky though, because it seems like people who get really into bad music go crazy and kill themselves in front of their obsessions' houses.

Well, fuck me, I just looked at the Aaron Neville web site and it turns out he's playing Birmingham tomorrow night. I guess maybe people still give a shit.



Anges Bernelle-Father's Lying Dead on the Ironing Board

I know I played a track from this LP on the radio show once. I picked this record up for a dollar because it looked interesting, and it is. The liner notes are really good and paint a good picture of cabaret music and the political connotations behind it, and the music is superb. I don't really know anything about the genre, but this makes me want to check it out more. Dry sarcasm, macabre humor, it's all here. According to her Wikipedia, she was more of an actress than a singer, but it doesn't mean this album isn't great.

2 comments:

Nazz Nomad said...

that's a heckuva bus sign!

ECOtectura said...

thank you very much