Monday, November 3, 2008

I won't be skull fucked by faith

I haven't posted a new entry since August 2nd, 2008. I've been using my Livejournal recently and actually set this entire blog to private, but I'm sure anyone who read my blog regularly already figured that out.

Well, I decided to take this one back up. Supposedly November is national blog month or something and I felt a surge of inspiration to start blogging again. But, the format will be different. I always focused on underground music before, but with my current life situation, I've decided I need to expand the content of this page to better reflect what's going on around me. There will probably still be a lot of downloads (actually, probably more), but the focus will just shift. The only reason anybody ever read this blog was due to the downloads, I'm sure. I won't be posting anything to get "hits", but...well, you know what, I don't feel like explaining myself. Go start your own blog about how that Ian guy is an asshole.

Anyway, here's the update. I split up with my wife the first week of July and moved back to Birmingham. It's nice being back, but I'm going through the legal aspects of the divorce now and my son is still in Illinois. I'm back playing in Korova again and we are releasing a full length (our first in almost 7 years of playing as a band) this month. So, now you're caught up with all that.

After I moved to Birmingham, I took a job working logistics for a life insurance company. Their storage facilities were a wreck but they didn't want to outsource to a warehouse for what is really a small amount of inventory, so they brought me in to fix it all for them. It took forever, but I got it all straightened out and had gone on to do other things in the department while maintaining the structure I set up. Things were going well. Then, all of a sudden, I didn't have a job anymore. It turns out my bosses had decided behind my back that I was too smart for shitty working class jobs and I shouldn't be working in the basement but should be upstairs dealing with people. So I had to take two weeks off while I switched departments, and here I am, my first day at my new job. I moved up six stories in the building and I'm making more money, but I'm not very happy about it. I liked my old job. I like working shitty working class jobs as a matter of independence. I've been told my whole life I was too smart to be doing that, but I'm not buying it. My Dad works in a factory and I was raised in a very blue collar environment, so I don't know how to get along with people that got obscure marketing degrees in fields I don't fully understand and now come to work to try and "corner the market". I like factories and warehouses because nobody bothers you there and nobody has a reason to bullshit.

And here I am, inadvertantly climbing the corporate latter.

They say "dress for the job you want, not the job you have," so I dress like a slob. Actually, that's a lie, I'm just trying to sound tough. But fuck if someone is going to tell me I can't wear jeans and Fred Perrys aren't nice enough for this work environment.

Updates on my job duties later. Download below.

Harvey Milk-Life...The Best Game in Town

Sweet noisy, doomy metal from Athens. They cover "We Destroy the Family" by Fear on this record.

1 comment:

Nazz Nomad said...

Don't let the upward mobility get ya down!
I have fallen my way up the corporate ladder into a position of authority and all that bullshit and under my tie is a Dead Boys shirt and the iTunes always has the good stuff on.