Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Low Resolution

People in offices are nice. Too nice. Fake nice. They are suspect, I don't believe a fucking word. They smile and nod and apologize when you pass each other too closely in the alleyways made by a thousand lonely cubicles, but they don't mean it. They're just waiting for their day to retire, die, or snap, whatever happens to come first, and they're all quickly losing all the qualities that make them human. Little by little, we are chiseling away at our natural traits with fast food, network television, and corporate takeovers. I hate people who wear hair gel and patterned ties.

I'm going to vote today after work. Honestly, I don't want to. McCain will lose (but he will sweep Alabama), Obama will win, my guy won't even get a mention. I don't see the point. I mean, I do see the point, otherwise I wouldn't even bother going, I'm just sort of lazy and I don't want to wait in line forever after work. I just want to go home and cook a burritto and chill the fuck out. But, I'm going to go, and I'm going to vote for Bob Barr and I'm going to say "well, at least I tried" and then I will go home and cook a burritto and chill the fuck out. If I wasn't 100% sure Obama was going to win, I'd probably vote for him, honestly. But if I can safely cast my third party vote without fear of another Republican taking office, I really should because there's no telling if I'll ever be able to do it again.

City of Caterpillar-Self Titled

They aren't the best in their genre, but they're pretty good. Some of the long arrangements get a little tedious, but it's good music when you're not really into having your face slapped.

No comments: