Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Queen is Dead, Boys

The world was not made for me. I can say this for certain because there is no such thing as a time machine, and there probably won't be in my lifetime. If time machines were real, I could hop in and go back to the mid 50s. I'd shack up with Audrey Hepburn and live in her attic churning out volumes of bad poetry that people would get into because in that time it would be "edgy". Or, since it was the 50s, I could just publish volumes of Smiths lyrics and call them my own. And then later I could sue Morrissey for plagiarism.

That's the kind of world that I want to live in.

Fucked Up-Chemistry of Common Life

This album isn't terrible. I heard this band for the first time when they were putting out a single every other month or something and I never saw what the big deal was. They just sound like a lot of skinhead bands and I don't see why people are into this but overlook bands that were doing the same thing (but better) a few years ago. But then again, I'm jaded and bitter. Anyway, I heard this for the first time last night and decided it's OK. I don't hate it, but I really don't think I'd sit around listening to it. I like the guitars and I am a big fan of the production. So, you know, check it out.



Who cares?

No comments: