Monday, January 25, 2010

Ahhhhhhhh

Well, it's been over a year since I posted anything on here. Talking about what I've been doing since is pointless. Why? Because I haven't done anything. I'm back in school for the first time in close to five years. I'm cooking at a restaurant/bar/live music venue in Birmingham. I've gotten some things published. Things are OK.

Anyway, so now I've got this record player with a USB port and it's way easier for me to rip records. And I've got an MP3 player to play these things on. I know, I've turned into one of those assholes. I don't want to talk about it. Here's something for your listening pleasure.
V/A-Internationally Pist

This came out in 2003 on Punks Before Profits, which was the label that the bass player from I Object! runs. At one point I used to own everything the label put out, but I've trimmed my records down a lot.

The two I Object! tracks are classic. Their first 7", these songs, and their side of the Forever Youth split 7" are essential 00's hardcore fodder. A lot of the bands on this comp. sound pretty retro considering how much the mid-00s thrash scene prided itself on being "progressive". Honestly, for as much as I was involved with all this stuff 6-7 years ago (and how much I still believe in DIY and love hardcore music), a lot of it seems kind of silly to me now. The Pests tracks are both catchy and fun. The Headless Horsemen from Austrailia are probably the most unique band on the record with their insanely high pitched vocals and use of the cow-bell. I actually really like their songs. These are some of the only Deadfall songs I like at all, and even at that they're not that exciting. Their tracks on Six Weeks's Disturbing the Peace comp. are the best thing they ever did by far. Karnvapen Attack are completely over-rated and I don't really know why people talk about them. The best song is "Ahhhhhhh" by Warsquad. I don't feel like writing something classy right now.

Download V/A-Internationally Pist

No comments: