Monday, April 26, 2010

Morbid Taxidermy

The latest in my posts of brain pummeling grind, this time spread out across the the entire US. Sunnyvale, California's Godstomper are a bass/drum duo that are one of the few truly great bands that will upset your friends within 10 seconds of dropping the needle, but their side of this isn't why I'm posting it. I'm a fan, but in the next few days I'll post another record that will really explain why. I am posting this because of the Green Beret side. One of the most under-rated and creative bands from the late 90s grind/powerviolence scene, this Tuscaloosa, Alabama outfit were always going at 110% regardless of what speed they were playing. A collection of their singles was released in Europe of a couple of years ago, and there's also a full length CD floating around somewhere. Get on it, it will make your head hurt.

Download the Green Beret/Godstomper split 7"

No comments: